I love Christmas Dinner but we always end up with so much leftover food so I am always looking for ways to use the leftovers in delicious meals. Hellofresh challenged me to recreate a Turkey recipe from their recipe archive. There were lots to choose from but I opted for the super easy Asian Turkey Stir Fry.
Now, I don’t have any leftover turkey just yet so I am using fresh Turkey Breasts so I have added instructions on cooking that but you can skip this step if you are using leftovers.
Asian Turkey Stir Fry – HelloFresh Recipe
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 1 Green Pepper – sliced into 1/2cm strips
- 1 Red Pepper – sliced into 1/2cm strips
- 1 Carrot – grated
- 1 Garlic Clove – peeled and crushed
- 4 turkey steaks (or two large handfuls of pre-cooked turkey meat) – sliced into 1/2cm strips
- 2 pouches of straight to wok noodles
- 40g Mango Chutney
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lime – cut into wedges OPTIONAL
- 1/2 Red Chilli – thinly sliced OPTIONAL
- small bunch of coriander – roughly chopped OPTIONAL
- 40g salted peanuts (crushed) OPTIONAL
- Mix the mango chutney, tomato ketchup, soy sauce and water together in a bowl to create the sauce.
- If using fresh turkey, fry until brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan and place to the side.
- In a wok, heat a splash of oil then fry the carrot and peppers until soft (4 to 5 minutes). Then add the garlic and sauce. Bring to the boil then add the turkey and noodles. Toss to coat in the sauce and cook until piping hot and the noodles are cooked.
- Serve with crushed peanuts, chopped chilli, coriander and a wedge of lime. Feel free to leave off any of these ingredients if you want.
The Asian Turkey Stir Fry was delicious, quick to make and enjoyed by the whole family.
So if you are looking to use your leftover turkey this Christmas or just looking for a quick meal to satisfy the whole family then look no further than the HelloFresh Recipe Archive where you can find lots of awesome recipes that you can make at home with the ingredients in your cupboard.