If you are going to move to the US the first thing you need to decide is what city to move to. There are many options. One thing I’ve learned from talking to Europeans over the years is they don’t really realize how big and spread out the US really is. You also want to do your homework and ensure you have all of the proper paperwork and visas before moving to the USA. You can travel to the US and visit different locations if you are unsure where your family wants to settle.
· Do you want cold weather, warm weather, or maybe a mix of both?
· Do you want to live on the beach, in the mountains, in a desert, or in the plains?
Whatever you want, you should be able to find somewhere! If beaches and nice weather year-round are what you like then most would probably tell you to check out San Diego. It’s a nice sized city and may just have the best weather in the country. Gets a little hot in the summer but for the other 9 months, you will have great weather almost every day. There are beaches and many things to do.
· If you want a really big city then, of course, there is New York, or you could try any of a number of cities on the upper east coast.
· For weather similar to the UK you may even want to try Seattle. It’s a beautiful city with great people, but it rains a lot and is often cloudy, which is something you might be used to.
· Maybe you want to try living by a mountain range where you could ski; Denver is a very nice city in Colorado that you should visit. It gets cold there in the winter but actually isn’t as bad as most would think, and it’s very near to some of the better ski slopes in the country.