In case you didn’t know I started Blog On in 2013, I had given up my full time job to care for Elizabeth whilst she was undergoing treatment for Leukaemia and I needed something to keep me busy. The event has gone from strength to strength and each year I am blown away by the support that the event receives from the blogging community. Last year I took Blog On to Cardiff and Winchester with the help of some fellow bloggers to spread the word about the event.
This year Blog On Manchester is bigger than ever with 150 tickets that have already sold out and the schedule is jam packed with more sessions than ever before.
As with all blog conferences it is always nice to put a face to a name and to know a little bit about the other attendees before you go which is why we have a special Facebook Group for attendees of the event. Chelsea Mamma has also come up with some questions which act as good Ice breakers for the attendees.
- Share a recent picture of you
- If you had to describe yourself in three words…….
Overworked, friendly and caffeine addict
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I started in 2011 after following a few bloggers on twitter and seeing how they recorded their family life. I wanted to record the good bits of our life in a better way than just posting photos on to facebook.
- What was your favourite TV program as a child?
- Something interesting you might not know about me is . . .
I was born at a bus stop in wales. My wedding was also on TV.
- What is the weirdest food you have ever eaten?
I ate bugs at a Nestle event once, I have also eaten a variety of weird meats such as crocodile, kangeroo, ostrich and shark.
- What was your biggest fashion faux pas?
- What are you pet peeves?
Being late. I hate being late. I also hate people being too early.
- Who would be your 3 perfect dinner party guests (dead or alive) and why?
This is really tough. I would look for someone who would provide great conversation so the author Andy Cope who writes inspirational books, Temperance Brennan (from Bones) because I find her logical way of thinking refreshing and Ashley Judd because when I interviewed her I found her outlook on life to be fascinating.
- If they made a movie of your life, what would it be about and which actor would play the part of you?
My life would not make a very good movie but I would like to think that it could focus on all the fun we have as a family so more like Cheaper by the Dozen than anything else. I am not really bothered who played me as long as she was funny.
- If you could live in any sitcom, which one would it be?
I would like to live in Modern Family, they have awesome houses and are always doing fun stuff together.
- Name a famous person you have met
I have met so many famous people and count a fair few as my friends but the most famous person was Morgan Freeman when I went to interview him last year although the girls will disagree and say that DanTDM is more famous.
- Which social media platform best describes your personality and why?
I think Facebook is the most like me. It is always there when you need it and is full of great memories.
- What picture do you have on lock screen on your phone / computer?
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What period of time from the past would you most like to have lived?
I think we live in the best time but if I had to choose I would go back to ancient Egypt because I would love to go inside a Pyramid.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
We love travelling and the next destination on my list is the Bahamas. Elizabeth wants to go to the island with the swimming pigs so this is definitely on our list.
- What is your guilty pleasure?
I dont really have one but chocolate is the thing I crave the most.
- What is your favourite tipple?
I love a good honey ale so I suppose it would be that although I drink nearly anything as those of you who have got drunk with me will know!
- If you had a magic lamp and a Genie, what would be your three wishes
I would wish for a cure for all Cancer, I would wish for enough money to buy our house outright and I would wish for my girls to grow up to be well rounded young ladies who work hard to get where they want to be in life.
So there you go, if you are going to Blog On make sure you head over to Chelsea Mammas Ice Breaker to meet some of the other attendees.