Top ten things to do in Reading this EasterMarch 18, 2015
With this in mind I am on the hunt for the top ten things to do in Reading with kids over the Easter Holidays and my friend Alice from LifeasAlice was the perfect person to ask for help. Living in Reading means Alice receives the local newspapers which are a great source of information for special family fun days like those held during the school holidays.
2) As well as the museum there are lots of free craft activities available at a variety of Reading libraries for children 5 years and older.
3) The Ure Museum Of Greek Archaeology gives you the opportunity to handle some real Ancient Greek pots, learn about the different styles and designs and even make your own pot to take home for a small fee.
4) There is a fantastic live show coming to The Hexagon called Dinosaur Zoo which is great for children aged 3 years and over.
5) Beale Park is bursting with Easter activities including an Easter trail, archery lessons, make a bug hotel and meet a bug. Some of these are only on set days so make sure you check before you go.
7) There is an Easter Egg Hunt at the REME Museum of Technology and if you can spot all the eggs hidden by the Easter Bunny you will win a prize.
8) If you are looking for something for all ages then head to the Didcot Railway Centre for their family fun day at this fascinating railway museum. See all the normal exhibits plus special entertainment including a magic show, balloon modelling and activities in the Science, Learning and Railways carriages. There will also be an Easter treasure hunt.
9) There is also an Easter Egg Trail happening on 4th April at Caversham Court Gardens. It is free but donations are welcome. If the weather is nice you could take a picnic too and enjoy the grounds.
10) If you are looking for the ultimate family day out then you can’t go wrong with attending the Naomi House Easter Egg Hunt on 5th April at Highclere Castle – home of TV’s Downtown Abbey. A great fundraising event that has everything the children will want including an Easter egg trail, a bouncy castle, petting farm, an Easter bonnet parade with prizes, vintage cars, face painting, live music and refreshments. Plus a guest appearance from Elsa from Frozen. This is definitely a day to remember.