Top things to do in NantesDecember 13, 2014
Voyage a Nantes – La Ligne Verte
The City of Nantes is full of amazing things to see and Le Voyage a Nantes has all the answers. With The Green Line leading the way around Nantes you will see some amazing things.
Les Machines De L’Ile
The Machines de l’ile is a totally original artistic tourist project. From the 12m high mechanical elephant to the underwater carousel and the new project “The Heron Tree” it really is something to see and you even have the chance to ride on the amazing machines. I rode of the giant ant operating one of the back legs and I went on the Sea World Carousel controlling one of the sea horses on the top level.
All of the machines are a sight that you need to behold and no descriptions or photos will do them justice. I just wish we had time to ride the great Elephant. However it does mean I have an excuse to return.
Castle of the Dukes of Brittany and Nantes History Museum
The Cathedral of St Peter and St Paul
There was so much to do and see in Nantes and we didnt even scratch the surface. If you ever venture to this beautiful city I recommend you purchase a Pass Nantes and really explore all this fabulous place has to offer.
FREE ADMISSION WITH THE PASS NANTES
THE MAIN MUSEUMS AND THE TOURIST SPOTS
- The Marine Worlds Carousel or The Gallery of the Machines de l’Ile (closed in january)
- The History of Nantes Museum in the Castle of the dukes of Brittany and exhibitions
- The Chapelle de l’Oratoire exhibition (Fine art museum)
- The Jules Verne Museum
- The Natural History Museum
- Lu Tower
- The Planetarium
- The Printing Museum
- The Naval Museum “Maillé Brézé“
- Escal’Atlantic in Saint Nazaire
- Castle of Clisson (with guided tour)*
- Mansion house of Goulaine *
- The Nantes Wine Producing Museum (Le Pallet) (with guided tour and muscadet tasting).
The Pass Nantes is valid on all public transport in Nantes (bus, busway, tramway and river ferries Navibus), no extra ticket is needed (except airport shuttle).
- Guided tours with Nantes.Tourisme
- The tourist train* (from April to September)
- Nantes Tour, the open tour bus* (from April to September)
- Tours in Clisson: with Mobil’iti (the multimedia tourist guide, all year round) or guided tours*
- Stately Home of Garenne Lemot in Clisson*
- Guided tour of the Castle of Châteaubriant*
- Excursions on the Erdre with the Bateaux Nantais
- Cruise in the port of Nantes with Marine et Loire* (from June to September)
- The “Nid” at the 32nd floor of the «Tour Bretagne» building (drink)
- Free “tout chocolat Celaya” break in la Cigale (1st October to 31st March).
- Hot drink or orange juice in la Guinguette in Trentemoult (1st October to 31st March)
- A butter sugar “crêpe” and a drink at the Oubliettes (Castle of dukes of Brittany) (1st October to 31st March)
SPECIAL OFFERS WITH THE PASS NANTES
Discounts, reduced prices, advantages
- Nantes.Tourisme boutique
- The Nantes Wine Centre
- Galeries Lafayette – Nantes
- Botanical Garden – Nantes
- Cruise Estuaire Nantes <> Saint-Nazaire (from June 27th to August 31st)
- Ruban Vert, rental electric boat* (from April to September)
- Submarine Espadon- Saint-Nazaire
*In spring and summer only