Moving can either be the most fun or the most difficult part of getting a new home. After all, you have to think about what things to bring, how to bring them, how soon should you have these moved, and other logistical concerns involved in the process. And if you’re handling other things such as your household, personal and professional endeavours, and especially kids – moving can be especially difficult for you.
So how exactly do you pull off a successful house move? Here are some tips you can follow for an effective and efficient house move:
- Check out your location. When you have free time, make sure you try checking out the location of your new home. This allows you to be aware not just of where your home is, but the locale as well. What recreational spots and malls are there? What restaurants and eateries exist for your convenience? Where are the nearest schools, police stations, and hospitals? This is important when looking for professional help as well, as not all states immediately allow certain people like movers to work in their area without permits. Before you hire that best moving company NYC, make sure they’re allowed to operate in New York City first. The exact same principle applies if you are moving to Atlanta. In this case, you would need to make sure that you hire a moving company such as Atlanta Home Movers to guarantee that your move is a successful one.
- List everything you own in an inventory. When you have a few minutes or a few hours off for a break, or if you have free time in the office or in between chores, you can actually allot time doing your inventory. This might seem like extra work, but having an inventory on hand helps a ton as you’ll have a handy reference for what you own before and after your move. An inventory allows you to check just exactly what you own, and then use that to see whether all those belongings should be brought to your new home or not. When making the list, make sure you’re including the quantity, make and material, as well as relevant notes in the things you own.
- Involve the family in the packing and preparation process. You don’t necessarily have to go in the process of packing alone. If possible, try to huddle everyone and check their availability to help with the move. How busy is everyone? When is anyone available, or when does anyone in your family get free time? You can open the idea of assigning rooms to everyone, so they can be in charge of packing their own things. Likewise, you can also assign them to unpack their things as soon as you settle in your new home. This greatly takes advantage of the available manpower you have at home.
- Make a timetable based on your schedule. Remember, when you make a moving timetable, make sure it revolves around your schedule and not the other way around. This process ensures you don’t sacrifice anything in your schedule for your move. Remember, you shouldn’t sacrifice school or work just so you can pull off your move. You can schedule things like packing, talking with movers, and other parts of the move during your days off, your break time, and even with your family day. If you have dates or hangouts with friends, it helps to clarify your current situation to them so they don’t necessarily take your sudden absence too hard.
- Try to look for professional help. It’s not easy handling a household and have both personal and professional endeavours to handle. And if you have kids, that’s an entirely exciting endeavour as well. So when you think about moving with all of those, it can seem overwhelming. However, you don’t necessarily have to do it alone. Moving companies are highly capable of handling your needs, such as transportation and moving of your things. Having people like piano movers and professional movers can greatly speed up the process or ensuring the success of your house move.
House Moves 101: Mummy’s Quick Guide
With the above tips in mind, it helps to understand that there’s not much to worry about when it comes to organizing house moves. While it can be worrisome and stressful to handle a household and your moving essentials, it’s not impossible for you to pull off a house move. In fact, with the right kind of planning and approach, you’d be able to balance your house move, your household duties, and the rest of your obligations to your personal and professional lives.