Having two daughters means that I know there is going to come a time when they are going to need to know about the many intimate health issues that women can have. They are already intrigued by my sanitary products and ask me questions about them so I know that these conversations will need to be had soon. I am working with Canesten because they believe that if you feel more comfortable with your own body you are more likely to reach your full potential. Canesten wants women to feel comfortable discussing intimate health with their children.
I grew up with two older sisters who were 4 and 5 years older than me so by the time I was old enough to experience any intimate health issues I was lucky enough to have already overheard many conversations discussing these issues. My girls are both close in age and although they will have each other to talk to (and the internet to research on) I want them to feel comfortable coming to me as well. At the moment I try to answer their questions open and honestly, as I want my girls to know I am approachable at any time.
When I was growing up I didn’t have access to the Internet so I couldn’t research intimate health issues but these days all my girls need to do is ask Google or Alexa and they can have the information they require. Canesten has a great website full of information which about thrush, cystitis and bv, which is easy to read and nice and clear. It is an ideal place for me to recommend the girls start their research so that they have something to read to support the conversations we will be having.
Canesten® really want people to join in with the conversation so they have given me a £50 Amazon Voucher to give to one lucky reader who comments on this blog post with an answer to the question below.
‘What I wish I knew about intimate health when I was younger’
Leave me a comment at the bottom of this blog post with your answer; ends midnight on 20th August so enter now!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms and Conditions:
1. There is 1 prize of one £50 Amazon voucher. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered
2. Open to UK residents aged 18 and over, excluding employees and relatives of Stephs Two Girls and Bayer plc
3. Closing date for entries is 12:00am on 21st August 2017
4. Entrants must leave a comment on this post
5. The winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries
6. The winner will be informed within 14 days of the closing date and will need to respond with a postal address within 28 days or a new winner will be chosen
7. The winner’s name will be available on request
8. The prize will be sent within 28 days of receiving the winner’s address
9. This is a joint promotion between Tired Mummy of Two and Canesten®
10. Entry to this confirms that participants have read, understood and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions
This post has been supported by Canesten® but all thoughts are my own.