I absolutely love sleeping in a newly decorated bedroom and this time of year is when I always buy myself some new bedding. Its become part of my Christmas traditions that new pillows, new bedding and a fresh feel makes me feel ready for the party season and ensures a great nights sleep every night.
The girls rooms get the same treatment but I tend to go a bit further with them and make it part of their Christmas presents. Redecorating a children’s room needn’t be expensive though and you can get a great new look without lifting a paint brush or pasting on a single piece of wallpaper. Here are my five top tips for redecorating a child’s bedroom on a budget.
- Re-usable wall stickers come in all shapes, sizes, characters and patterns and can be under or over stated as you want. These are a perfect base for changing the theme of a bedroom and can brighten up any room in minutes.
- A new set of bedding. A brilliant way of changing a rooms theme is by changing the bedding and with character bedding available in most supermarkets you can pick it up easily enough.
- My third tip ties into number 2. Matching Curtains! A set of Curtains that go with the bedding really makes it all come together.
- I love a good Rug and these kids rugs are perfect for brightening up some plain carpet. There are so many brilliant designs that they can liven up any room.
- New lampshades. Something so small can really have a big impact and even the difference from an uplighter or standard lampshade can make a room feel completely different.
A new look bedroom is a great alternative gift to give this Christmas and one that will make an impact all year round.